The ESF Academy Innovation Model creates learning experiences that:
- Involve higher-order cognitive processes to reach a deep understanding of content and issues in a contemporary world.
- Include immersion in addressing areas or issues that are often cross-disciplinary.
- Integrate academic and personal capabilities.
- Are active, authentic, challenging, and student-centred.
- Are often designed to impact the world, locally or more widely.
- Take place in a range of settings and increasingly use digital and connectivity.
Academy learning enables students to develop six global competencies:
- Critical thinking