SCHOOLUNIFORM.HK OFFICE & FITTING ROOM
Unit B1, 1/F,
Tai Cheung (Liberal) Factory Building ( 泰昌工廠大廈 )
3 Wing Ming Street
Kowloon, Hong Kong
Tel: (852) 2375 5923
Monday – Friday 10:00am – 5:00pm
Saturday (by appointment only) 10:00am – 2:00pm
Students are permitted to select from our full range of uniform items, to choose something they find comfortable and wearable. All uniform items can be worn year round – there is no distinct winter and summer uniform.
Year 7 – 11 Uniform Code
- Shirt/ Blouse
- Shorts/ Skort
- Black school shoes with white socks only
Cold Weather Options
- Long sleeved shirt/ Long sleeved blouse
- Trousers/ Long pants with navy or white socks (PE trackpants only worn on PE day)
- Skort can be worn with navy tights or white socks
- Maroon knit sweater (worn with collar out)
- Navy fleece or windbreaker jacket can be worn over school uniform
|Uniform||Cold Weather Options|
Note: Maroon sweater is not to be worn with PE uniform
- Predominantly navy/black swimsuit
- Lightweight towel
- Swim cap
- Swim Goggles
- Rash guard
- Dry Bag
Year 7 Suggested Starter Kit
|Summer||Cold Weather Options|
- Students may only come into school in PE Kit if they have that lesson first period. Otherwise, they should change into their kit during the break before the lesson or at the beginning of the lesson.
- Students must change into regular school uniform at the end of their PE lesson.
- Students may only leave school in PE kit if they have that lesson as their last period.
- Full zip fleece jacket and hooded windbreaker jacket can be worn with both PE uniform, school uniform.
- If in doubt about uniform requirements, please contact your child’s tutor, Year 7 Coordinator or Head of House.
There is no official Island School bag. Students should use a bag that can fit their laptop, class folders, textbooks (if any), stationery, PE kits, packed lunch etc.
Make sure bags are labelled or have child’s name/contact details.
Shoes & Socks
● All black shoes must be worn with school uniform (sneaker or leather shoe styles are permitted).
● PE shoes can be any colored sneakers.
● Plain white socks to be worn. There is no policy on the length of socks.
Year 12 – 13 Dress Code
Years 12 and 13 are exempt from wearing the school uniform. They must look clean and tidy. Students’ dress can be casual but smart. For PE, Years 12 and 13 must wear Island School PE uniform. Students should ensure that what they are wearing allows them to fully engage in their learning and that they can do so in a safe way. Some lessons require moving around and clothing choices should allow students to do that comfortably. In addition, some specialist areas of the school have health and safety requirements around dress code. For example, in Science Labs, students must wear closed-toed shoes and long hair should be tied back.