To assist in the cleaning, maintenance and organization of the Food Technology classrooms. To provide a safe, clean, and hygienic environment for staff and students (aged 11-18) to work in
- Maintain the cleanliness and hygiene of the physical environment, ovens, fridges, equipment/utensils and resources, within the kitchen/classroom.
- Ensure that equipment and ingredients are prepared and organised for practical lessons, for the teaching staff and support requests during practical lessons.
- Monitor temperatures and rotate stock in cupboards and refrigerators/freezers;
- Assist slower students at the end of practical lessons to finish cleaning.
- Accept deliveries and purchase emergency ingredients when necessary.
- Assist in arranging refreshments for meetings when required.
- Performs other duties and assumes accountabilities as apparent or as delegated, including mutually agreed upon objectives.
- Must be confident working around children and should enjoy cooking
- Must complete Basic Food Hygiene/safety certification. This can be done in the induction period.
- Maintain high levels of hygiene when handling food.
- Perform cleaning tasks in hands on environment.
- Independent and motivated person to work as part of a team to support the Food Technology department.
- The successful applicant must demonstrate good communication skills, able to understand instructions in English and be willing to work with both teaching staff and students.
- The person must demonstrate good time management and organizational skills.
- Previous experience in a similar position is preferred but not essential.
Applicants must be a permanent Hong Kong resident or possess a valid visa to work in Hong Kong.
Closing Date: 8 Sep 2019