To assist in the cleaning, maintenance and organization of the Food Technology rooms. To provide a safe, clean, and hygienic environment for staff and students to work in.
• Maintain the cleanliness and hygiene of the physical environment, equipment and resources, including kitchens, computer area, and textiles room.
• Prepare resources for practical lessons for teaching staff and support requests during practical lessons.
• Monitor and rotate stock in cupboards and refrigerators/freezers; maintain high levels of hygiene when handling food.
• Accept deliveries and purchase emergency ingredients when necessary.
• Source and purchase of small equipment to refill/replace existing stock at various times throughout the year.
• Assist slower students at the end of practical lessons to finish cleaning.
• Assist in arranging refreshments for meetings when required.
• Performs other duties and assumes accountabilities as apparent or as delegated, including mutually agreed upon objectives
• Must complete Basic Food Hygiene/safety certification. This can be done in the induction period.
• Basic cleaning skills.
• Independent and motivated person to work as part of a team to support the Food Technology department.
• The successful applicant must demonstrate good communication skills, able to understand instructions in English and be willing to work with both teaching staff and students.
• The person must demonstrate good time management and organizational skills.
• Previous experience in a similar position is preferred but not essential.
Closing Date: 26 May 2016