A maternity teacher of Psychology is required to teach principally in the Psychology department. This is an expanding subject within the Individuals and Societies faculty. The successful candidate will teach in the upper school Psychology department as well as other lower school humanities classes within the Individuals and Society faculty.
The Individual and Societies faculty comprises the History, Geography, PRS, Psychology and Business departments. There are currently 16 full time and 1 part time members of staff. The faculty enjoys a positive working environment with excellent examination results. The philosophy of the faculty centers around collaborative working practices and capacity building for our teachers. Continuous improvement and innovative professional development models are being developed. In short, it is an exciting time to join the faculty.
The successful candidate should have:
• A relevant degree and postgraduate teaching qualification
• An ability to teach other humanities subjects is preferred
• The desire to embrace faculty-wide professional development models
• The ability to realise the potential of students of all learning needs
• A commitment to the extra-curricular life of the school
• A commitment to pastoral care within the school
Applicants must possess a valid visa to work in Hong Kong.
Closing Date: 20 May 2016