To assist in the cleaning, maintenance and organization of the Food Technology rooms. To provide a safe, clean, and hygienic environment for staff and students to work in.
– Maintain the cleanliness and hygiene of the physical environment, equipment and resources, working alongside students and staff
– Prepare resources for practical lessons for teaching staff and support requests during practical lessons.
– Assist slower students throughout practical lessons.
– Prepare and place food orders with the appropriate suppliers; complete procurement forms
– Monitor and rotate stock in cupboards and refrigerators/freezers; maintain high levels of hygiene when handling food.
– Accept deliveries and purchase emergency ingredients when necessary.
– Source and purchase of small equipment to refill/replace existing stock at various times throughout the year.
– Performs other duties and assumes accountabilities as apparent or as delegated, including mutually agreed upon objectives.
– Must complete Basic Food Hygiene/safety certification. This can be done in the induction period.
– Basic cleaning skills.
– Independent and motivated person to work as part of a team to support the Food Technology department.
– The successful applicant must demonstrate good communication skills, able to understand instructions in English and Cantonese and be willing to work with both teaching staff and students.
– The person must demonstrate good time management and organizational skills.
– Previous experience in a similar position is preferred but not essential.
Applicants must be a permanent Hong Kong resident or possess a valid visa to work in Hong Kong.
Closing Date: 16 Jul 2019