Provide the school with professional 1st aid and emergency healthcare support during term-time, and advise on health and health related matters specific to the school and curriculum with the aim of providing and promoting positive heath outcomes for students, staff and visitors.
– First point of contact for first aid/emergency care for students, staff and visitors.
– Respond to the needs of students reporting sick, prioritise and deal with them as appropriate, including carrying out appropriate First Aid care.
– Liaising with school staff on problems with students.
– Liaise with emergency services as required by instances in school.
– Accompany students to hospital if required.
– Contact parents over accident/illness situations, ensuring smooth handover from school care to emergency service care, and parental care.
– Assess immediate health care needs and potential risk.
– Maintain accurate records of all visits to the Medical Room and report as appropriate.
– Responsible for Accident Report Form completion where necessary.
– Collate information for Health Department’s Students Health Service when necessary.
– Maintain / Update medical record for students in school data base. Contact parents over concerns or lack of up to date information.
– Responsible for maintaining the medical room in good condition.
– Monitor and maintain first aid supplies for the medical room.
– Stock up first aid kits and first aid boxes.
– Providing staff with First Aid kits for camps, excursions, trips from the schools supply.
– Liaise with Senior School Nurse over Quest Week medical kits arrangement.
– Ensure the relevant members of the school community (students, parents, staff) are fully informed over current health issues.
– Keep informed about Government information, advice and regulations concerning current health issues and react accordingly.
– Offer health information, advice and, if necessary, training for those on school trips.
– Health Education and Curriculum
– Assist in the teaching of specific health related matters, either within the normal curriculum or on focus days
– Speak to groups of parents, advising and informing on health related matters.
– Work with the school’s Guidance Team and Counselling Team on health related topics and programme.
– To perform other duties and assumes accountabilities as apparent or as delegated.
- Registered Nurse / overseas registration
- Current 1st Aid and CPR certificate
- Good interpersonal skills
- High level of initiative
- Good communication skills
- Ability to relate to young people in a teaching capacity.
- Ability to work as part of an energetic planning team
- Ability to address and teach large or small groups of students, staff and parents
- Team work.
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Good IT skills.
Applicants must be a permanent Hong Kong resident or possess a valid visa to work in Hong Kong.
Closing Date: 5 Sep 2019