Part-time Teacher of Mathematics
Island School is looking for a highly motivated, innovative and enthusiastic subject specialist. Mathematics is extremely popular at Island School and the majority of students currently achieve great success in this subject at IGCSE and the IB Diploma where we teach Mathematics Studies, Mathematics Standard and Higher levels and Further Mathematics.
The person appointed will join a committed team of twelve mathematics teachers who are dedicated to excellence and improvement and s/he will be expected to play a key role in the development of the department.
The successful candidate should have:
• A relevant degree and postgraduate qualification / internationally recognized teaching qualifications
• Experience of teaching students of all ability levels from age 11 to 18
• An ability to instill a sense of enjoyment, curiosity and interest in Mathematics
• The ability to be flexible and work in a team
• Good interpersonal skills
• Experience of using ICT in mathematics teaching
• A commitment to pastoral care within the school
• A commitment to extra-curricular activities
Only applicants with Experience/ ability to teach I.B./ A level Mathematics courses need apply
Applicants must possess a valid visa to work in Hong Kong.
Closing Date: 09 Mar 2017