Island School students have a proud tradition of seeking ways to take what they learn inside their classrooms to create projects which seek to make our world a better place.
Engaging in this pursuit has ensured that our students develop a raft of skills, knowledge and capabilities that fuel success both within their schooling and beyond.
In taking their learning into the real world the students often work in partnerships with NGO’s, community and corporate organisations who are engaged in similar activities.
The Island School Alliance plays a pivotal role in connecting students with like-minded individuals and organisations. This morning the Island School Alliance held its first function of the year. Those in attendance heard from alumnus Dr Kevin Lau, School Partners from the A.I. Academy and our very own Year 13 students Ida and Hannah who talked about their significant community project – providing people with creative opportunities.
The Island School Alliance is a student lead activity that has the following key objectives:-
- Developing an Academy that will identify highly capable ESF and local students and connect them to cutting edge learning experiences that accelerate their learning.
- Promoting the learning of English language across Hong Kong
- Creating networks between ESF schools and local schools to share and enhance teaching practice.
- Generating scholarships for local school students and mentoring schemes that create pathways to universities.
- Linking ESF and local school students to influential corporate and NGO leaders to build influence and a greater understanding of the challenges that we will face in the future.
In the coming weeks you will receive messaging through social media and email about how you can get involved.
I ask that you look out for these communications and consider how you can support our students in this exciting new venture.