Message from the Principal, 27 Oct 2017
Last Friday I visited the decant sites at Sha Tin to inspect progress and undertake further planning with some of our key staff. I am pleased to report that the key project milestones continue to be achieved and we are on track for the works to be completed early in December.
Island School preparations are also in full swing. Some of the latest developments include:-
- The School Council approved the master plan for the decant process and for the arrangements for closing the school for moving.
- Kwoon Chong have release the bus booking system which includes the function of detailing specific requests.
- Students have named the different sites and are working through issues of concern to them.
- The appointment of Iris Chan as our community liaison officer to help us build relationships in the Sha Tin area.
- ESF have approved funding for additional support staff in areas affected by the move to two sites such as administration, learning assistance, nursing and counseling services, security and cleaning. Recruitment for these positions will commence soon.
- Planning for staff, student and parent access to the site has commenced.
- A contract for provision of canteen services is in the process of being awarded.
- Work on reviewing all of our communication mediums and products has commenced.
It is an exciting time for Island School. There is most certainly a lot going on, and any change creates a level of challenge. I would remind all parents that the decant section of our website contains latest information and also advice on the best way to raise concerns.
I am very happy with how things are positioned and grateful to all those actively contributing.
Stephen Loggie, Principal