The Communications Manager role is strategic with a heavy emphasis on stakeholder, media and brand management. This role is responsible for managing all communications activities and for building external relationships with the organization’s constituencies, including ESF Centre, parents, alumni, other schools, local community stakeholders and the media.
Reporting to the principal, the Communications Manager will set and guide the strategy for all communications, website, and public relations messages and collateral to consistently articulate the ESF / Island School vision, mission and plans.
The Communications Manager’s primary responsibilities are to:
- Develop and lead on projects that support the school’s financial and education goals.
- Lead on online content generation that engages audiences and leads to measurable actions
- Decide who, where, and when to disseminate appropriate information using the latest technology available, including social media
- Put communications vehicles in place to create momentum for student enrolments and build stakeholder awareness and engagement.
- Support or lead on whole school and high profile events
- Liaise with the ESF corporate communications branch.
Significant experience in the communications field, ideally “in-house” within a complex nonprofit entity – covering areas such as website content, business plans, and donor communications.
- Highly collaborative style; experience developing and implementing communications strategies
- Excellent English writing/editing and verbal communication skills; Cantonese is an asset but not required
- A strong track record as an implementer who thrives on managing a variety of key initiatives concurrently
- Relationship builder with the flexibility and finesse to “manage by influence”
- High energy, maturity, and leadership with the ability to serve as a unifying force and to position communications discussions at both the strategic and tactical levels
- Self-starter, able to work independently, and entrepreneurial; enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives
Closing Date: 03 Dec 2019