To manage the designated area’s technical facilities coordinating and carrying out the support of teaching and learning. At times this will include being responsible for instructing students and workshop supervision.
• To prepare materials and rooms for all classes as necessary, including ordering of materials and tools.
• To check and ensure all equipment is ready and safe to handle and use, to oversee and enforce overall safety regulations
• To manage, schedule and/or carry out the production of student work on 3D printers, laser cutters and other CAM machinery; instruct and assist where appropriate,
• To consistently keep up to date with developments in CADCAM and relevant technological innovations and take on training as appropriate
• To share knowledge and understanding of these amongst faculty staff through formal and informal training
• To coordinate with the site team, ICT technical teams, Business Manager and Head of Department/Faculty when necessary on site relevant project work
• Attend department meetings and planning meetings with other support staff as necessary
• Performs other duties and assumes accountabilities as apparent or as delegated
• 5 years working experience in a relevant technical field
• Good general ICT skills and computer literacy
• Knowledge and direct experience of manufacturing technologies (hardware and software) in the area of CADCAM e.g. preparation of G-code, use of 3D printing software such as Cura or similar, an understanding of 3D CAD software such as Autodesk
• Knowledge and direct experience of other general workshop equipment, machinery and hand tools and their use
• Good spoken and written English and Cantonese is a must
• An understanding of applied programming, control technologies and robotics
• Understanding of the creative culture of the Maker movement.
• Certificate of Safety Training from DATA (Design and Technology Association) Or equivalent.
• Genuine excitement for and ability to work with students, faculty, staff, and parents
• Excellent initiative, interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
• Excellent general practical skills and problem solving
• A friendly and confident manner in relation to staff and students are essential
• Ability to be flexible, prioritise workload, to work independently and use initiative
Closing Date: 03 May 2019