Instructor III – Workshop, Closing Date: 03 May 2019
To manage the designated area’s technical facilities coordinating and carrying out the support of teaching and learning. At times this will include being responsible for instructing students and workshop supervision.
• To prepare materials and rooms for all classes as necessary, including ordering of materials and tools.
• To check and ensure all equipment is ready and safe to handle and use, to oversee and enforce overall safety regulations
• To manage, schedule and/or carry out the production of student work on 3D printers, laser cutters and other CAM machinery; instruct and assist where appropriate,
• To consistently keep up to date with developments in CADCAM and relevant technological innovations and take on training as appropriate
• To share knowledge and understanding of these amongst faculty staff through formal and informal training
• To coordinate with the site team, ICT technical teams, Business Manager and Head of Department/Faculty when necessary on site relevant project work
• Attend department meetings and planning meetings with other support staff as necessary
• Performs other duties and assumes accountabilities as apparent or as delegated
• 5 years working experience in a relevant technical field
• Good general ICT skills and computer literacy
• Knowledge and direct experience of manufacturing technologies (hardware and software) in the area of CADCAM e.g. preparation of G-code, use of 3D printing software such as Cura or similar, an understanding of 3D CAD software such as Autodesk
• Knowledge and direct experience of other general workshop equipment, machinery and hand tools and their use
• Good spoken and written English and Cantonese is a must
• An understanding of applied programming, control technologies and robotics
• Understanding of the creative culture of the Maker movement.
• Certificate of Safety Training from DATA (Design and Technology Association) Or equivalent.
• Genuine excitement for and ability to work with students, faculty, staff, and parents
• Excellent initiative, interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
• Excellent general practical skills and problem solving
• A friendly and confident manner in relation to staff and students are essential
• Ability to be flexible, prioritise workload, to work independently and use initiative
Closing Date: 03 May 2019