Teacher of Film and Media ( Head of Film and Media – TLR 4)
The description below is layered on top of a mainscale teachers’ job description. All TLR responsibility holders have a teaching responsibility.
● Leading the ongoing development of Film Studies.
● Keep fully aware of the IB Film, and BTEC Media curriculum development and communicate this effectively to the Film and Media teachers.
● Understand the development of IB and BTEC assessment requirements and communicate effectively to teachers. This includes working closely with the exams office and IB and BTEC Coordinators.
● Monitoring/evaluating the development of teaching and learning in the programme and the standards of achievement in Film and Media.
● Supporting Staff teaching Film and Media and planning their professional development with them.
● Planning and managing resources. Efficiently managing delegated spending according to school policies.
● Running effective meetings and providing agendas and minutes of these meetings.
● Attending whole school and Phase Team meetings as required.
● Implementing all agreed school policies and actively promoting a whole school vision.
● High quality teaching and learning consistently achieved in Film and Media.
● All I.B. Diploma and BTEC students prescribed requirements.
● Resources for learning match needs of the students.
● Achievement of all students relative to their ability.
● All staff are performing at a high level and/or underperformance is addressed.
● Contributing to the Foundation wide Subject Coordinator groups.
● Accountable to the Principal and the Post 16 Curriculum Coordinator.
- A good teacher with very good relationships with staff and students.
● Committed to the highest expectations of students and their learning.
● High personal expectations.
● An understanding of the requirements of the various courses.
● Able to communicate effectively.
● Able to use data appropriately.
● Able to plan efficiently and manage change.
● Able to develop a coherent, well motivated and effective team.
● Able to coach colleagues.
● Able to demonstrate a commitment to CPD.