We are looking to appoint a mainscale teacher of English Language and Literature from August 2020.
The main role of the classroom teacher is to maximise student learning and development through the planning, preparation and teaching of programmes which meet students’ individual learning needs and achieve specific student outcomes. Teachers teach a range of student abilities and classes and are accountable for the effective delivery of their programmes (MYP, IGCSE, IB Diploma).
Classroom teachers assume roles beyond the classroom in endeavouring to maximise students’ learning. These roles include working collaboratively with colleagues and other members of the school community, and communicating with parents and care-givers.
The classroom teacher’s contribution to the school goes beyond the classroom. They participate in the development of the school policies and programmes and assist in the implementation of school priorities. All classroom teachers may be required to undertake other duties in addition to their teaching duties.
Teaching and Assessment:
- Planning lessons and sequences of lessons to meet student’s individual learning needs and to ensure each student’s progression.
- Using a range of appropriate strategies for teaching and learning and classroom management.
- Using flexible groupings and structured inquiry to deliver high quality lessons in line with the IBO philosophy.
- Maintaining a well organised and stimulating learning environment.
- Using learning technologies to enhance learning.
- Using information about prior attainment to set expectations for students.
- Using a range of assessment and reporting methods that show student’s achievement in relation to learning outcomes.
- Providing clear and constructive feedback to students and their parents and caregivers.
Wider professional roles:
- Planning and engaging in professional learning activities that support school and systematic priorities.
- Taking responsibility for own professional development and using the outcomes to improve teaching and students’ learning.
- Making an active contribution to the policies and aspirations of the school.
- Collaborating with members of the school community to build a team environment that supports students’ learning.
- Running an extra-curricular activity
- Playing a pastoral role through the House system
Bachelor Degree in Education, or Bachelor Degree in English with PGCE (Postgraduate Certificate of Education), or equivalent.
1-3 years’ teaching experience within a recognised educational organisation
- Analysis/problem solving
A thorough and up-to-date understanding of the teaching of English Language and Literature, preferably the MYP, IGCSE and IB Diploma.
Applicants must be a permanent Hong Kong resident or possess a valid visa to work in Hong Kong.
Closing Date: 27 Aug 2020
For enquiries, please contact Betty Tsu at +852 2524-7135 or firstname.lastname@example.org.