The position will be a part-time post starting August 2018.
The school is looking for a highly motivated, innovative and enthusiastic subject specialist to teach Mandarin. Chinese flourishes at Island School and the subject enjoys excellent results at IGCSE and IB Diploma level.
The person appointed will join a committed team of language teachers dedicated to self-review and improvement.
The successful candidate should have:
· Native-speaker level Mandarin
· Internationally recognized teaching qualifications
· Experience of teaching 11 to 18 year-olds in an international school
· An enthusiastic and innovative approach to language teaching
· Good interpersonal skills·
.The ability to be flexible and work in a team
· Experience of using ICT in language teaching