Teacher of Art, Full time
The teacher will be required to teach Art & Design starting August 2018 and the experience of teaching Key Stage 3 and 4 would be advantageous.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
• Encourage and foster student creativity
• Plan lessons and sequencing of lessons to meet student’s individual learning needs to ensure student’s progression
• Use a range of appropriate strategies for teaching and learning and classroom management
• Maintain and create a well-organised and stimulating learning environment
• Use learning technologies in order to enhance learning. We have a one-one laptop system in operation.
• Use information about prior attainment to set expectations for students
• Use a range of assessment and reporting methods that show student’s achievement in relation to learning outcomes
• Provide clear and constructive feedback to students and parents.
The successful candidate will have:
• A relevant Bachelor degree and postgraduate teaching qualification in a related Art & Design area
• 2+ years teaching experience
• Excellent communication skills and be able to work effectively as part of a team within an expanding department
• The ability to realize the potential of students of all learning needs
• The desire to embrace faculty wide professional development and alternative curriculum models in Art & Design
• A commitment to the extra-curricular life of the school
Applicants must be a permanent Hong Kong resident or possess a valid visa to work in Hong Kong.
Closing Date: 14 Mar 2018