Dear Parents and Caregivers
One of Island School’s core commitments is offering a curriculum that enables students to develop the knowledge and skills that connects them to their preferred future pathway.
Our approach to achieving this is to develop a broad curriculum that offers students a wide range of options so they might explore their interests while positioning themselves for the future. This week’s options afternoon for students in Years 8, 9 and 11 provided a wonderful opportunity to:-
- Understand the nature and structure of courses
- Reflect on their strengths and interests
- Generate reflective conversations between students and parents on growth and achievement
- Make connections between students, parents and staff
- Share information about how the school offers curriculum
The afternoon was very well attended by parents and as promised the presentations are below.
I wish all students a safe and happy half-term break and look forward to seeing you all on Monday, 14 October, 2019.