On 23rd & 27th February and 2nd March students participated in the HKSSF Division 2 Athletics competition at Wan Chai Sports Ground. Island School entered a boys and girls team A -C grades (age groups). The wonderful results include:
- Elie Cox 10F and Yelena Bracovic 10W qualified for the 200M finals and finished 6th and 8th respectively.
- Juliette Rutkowski 12E came 6th in both the 100M and 200M finals.
- Kanna Gaffney 9W came 5th in 1500M finals.
- Jamie Lin 11W came 5th 1500M finals.
- Andrea Wong 11W came 3rd in the high jump.
- Yi Wing Chan 10N came 5th in the high jump.
- Alice Marsden jumped an impressive 1 meter 42cm in the high jump and won 1st place.
- Liv Wolf 9R ran 1:05 in the 400M and won 1st place.
- Kanna Gaffney 9W ran 2:33 in the 800M and won 1st place.
PE Teacher Ms Worthington said: “The students were enthusiastic, worked hard and definitely did Island School proud.”
The boys team showed great promise for the coming years. Notable performances were from Finlay Murchie 12N and Eatson Lin 11N. Finlay competed in the 1500m and the 5000m enjoying particular success in the 5000 with a time of 18.58. Eatson performed very well in the individual 400m. However, he excelled by captaining the 4X400m boys B grade relay team including: Eatson Lim, Tony Lam, Jeremy Tsang and Jay Chow. The team ran into 4th place in the final and improved their time by an amazing 6 seconds.
Well done to all of our athletes.