Educational Assistant – Textile Department, Part-time
To assist in the teaching / learning of Textiles at an advanced level within the Textile Technology Department and Art Department.
• Assist /support the development of specialist Textiles within Textiles Technology and the Visual Arts.
• Support student development and skills building through specialist knowledge transfer in lessons
• Lead small student groups in skills acquisition and techniques
• Ensure that materials are organized in preparation for all classes
• Manage stock control and ordering of specialist materials and equipment, including sourcing of suppliers
• Administration and clerical tasks within the department.
• Support students in non-practical lessons, when other duties above are not required
• Maintenance and management of resources and equipment
• Ordering and management of consumables
• To assist with teaching and learning within the Textile Technology and Art department, including supporting teachers to ensure that pupils work in a safe manor during practical lessons.
• To keep a clean and well maintained textiles room.
- Have experience and Advanced Specialist Textiles knowledge and skills, To assist /support the development of specialist Textiles within Textiles Technology and the Visual Arts. A background of current industrial practices would be an advantage and a good working knowledge of specialist machinery, equipment and tools.
• Supporting student development and skills building through specialist knowledge transfer.
• Independent, pro-active and motivated person to work as part of a team to support the Textile Technology and Art department
• The successful applicant must demonstrate excellent communication skills, be able to understand instructions in English and be willing to work with both teaching staff and students
• The person must demonstrate good time management and organizational skills and be able to work across two departments.
• Detail orientated and efficient
• Ability to work independently and be self -motivated.
• Good collaboration and teamwork
• Good communication (with all stakeholders)
• Planning and organizing work
• Working with children
• Able to work independently and self- motivated.
Applicants must be a permanent Hong Kong resident or possess a valid visa to work in Hong Kong.
Closing Date: 24 Oct 2016