Here are some of the most common Do’s and Don’ts of Online Learning:
Do’s of Online Learning
- Do help your child learn the software used for online learning.
- Do motivate your child to complete their assigned work and submits within the deadline. This can result in effective and efficient online learning.
- Do help your child organize their time to complete their coursework effectively.
- Do help your child participate in virtual communication and observe online etiquette.
- Do encourage your child to interact with their classmates to share, exchange & improve their knowledge. By engaging with others, they also learn to work collaboratively.
- Do ask for help if there’s any problem with technology.
Don’ts of Online Learning
- Don’t let your child be a passive learner. He/she won’t learn effectively unless they involve and participate in online learning.
- Don’t hesitate to ask for clarification.
- Don’t let your child become an undisciplined student. Even in an online classroom, everything is monitored, and records kept.
- Don’t let your child skip reading, listening to instructions and submitting their assignments. Just like a traditional classroom, your child should be responsible for their online learning.