To assist in the cleaning, maintenance and organization of the Food Technology classrooms. To provide a safe, clean, and hygienic environment for staff and students (aged 11-18) to work in
Maintain the cleanliness and hygiene of the physical environment, ovens, fridges, equipment/utensils and resources, within the kitchen/classroom.
Ensure that equipment and ingredients are prepared and organised for practical lessons, for the teaching staff and support requests during practical lessons.
Monitor temperatures and rotate stock in cupboards and refrigerators/freezers;
Assist slower students at the end of practical lessons to finish cleaning.
Accept deliveries and purchase emergency ingredients when necessary.
Assist in arranging refreshments for meetings when required.
Performs other duties and assumes accountabilities as apparent or as delegated, including mutually agreed upon objectives.
Requirements• Must be confident working around children and should enjoy cooking
• Must complete Basic Food Hygiene/safety certification. This can be done in the induction period.
• Maintain high levels of hygiene when handling food.
• Perform cleaning tasks in hands on environment.
• Independent and motivated person to work as part of a team to support the Food Technology department.
• The successful applicant must demonstrate good communication skills, able to understand instructions in English and be willing to work with both teaching staff and students.
• The person must demonstrate good time management and organizational skills.
• Previous experience in a similar position is preferred but not essential.
Applicants must be a permanent Hong Kong resident or possess a valid visa to work in Hong Kong.
Closing Date: 25 Aug 2016