To ensure the successful operation of the Community Library including promoting the library to local community and participating in events.
To provide the support needed to maintain the efficient functioning of the Library; assisting in the maintenance of bibliographic & user records, maintaining facilities and promoting Island School.
• Issuing and returning borrowed resources
• Daily shelving and ensuring general tidiness and good order of the Library
• Assisting in the cataloging & processing of books and periodicals
• Overseeing overdue resources status
• Helping with displays, posters, promoting new resources for school and library events
• Helping organize and promote outreach programs between the school and local community
• Ensuring the proper opening and closing routines of the Library
• Helping the public to fill in the application form and registering their Octopus
• Preparing newspaper every day
• Answering public and student enquiries
• Keeping records and statistics of stream of people
• Maintaining library equipment and arranging servicing / repairs
• Providing backup / cover for the school library
• Managing customer / student discipline
• Providing administrative, data entry, procurement and banking support as directed
• Other duties as directed
Minimum typical experience :
2-3 years library assistant or administrative support experience.
Form 5 or above with 5 passes in HKCEE including English and Chinese
• Fluency in oral and written English and Cantonese (required). Fluency in Mandarin (desirable)
• Flexibility to respond to changing situation
• Self-initiative and can work independently and under pressure
• Reliability; initiative and follow up
• Capable of taking up assignments independently
• Excellent interpersonal / communication skills
• Ability to follow established standards and adhere to policy
• Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Other Microsoft Applications.
• Applies competent office administration skills.
• Excellent organizational skills
• Problem solving skills
• Applies good understanding of school’s or department’s major functions, work methods and procedures and their interrelation with other department’s responsibilities and activities
Applies basic knowledge of ESF’s organisation and familiarity with key personnel
Closing Date: 16 Oct 2018