The Art Technician provides support to both staff and students, ensuring that the day to day teaching and learning within the department runs both smoothly and effectively, and helps to manage and maintain physical resources, machinery, tools and equipment in the artroom.
- Setting up of art rooms – prepare materials for lessons, maintain and tidy all teaching areas, and the cleaning up of equipment after lessons.
- To provide admin support to the Art dept.
- To maintain accurate inventory records for the department.
- Source and purchase materials and equipment in line with Procurement procedures.
- Assist with the GCSE/IB Annual exhibitions, photographing student work.
- Carry out any other duties as and when assigned by line manager.
- Mounting up and displaying of student artwork and general display of artwork around the school.
Please note that this is a non- teaching position, and is a term-time employment where staff will take leave without pay during school summer holidays as publicized in the annual ESF school calendar.
- The candidate should be able to work flexibly and use own initiative, being able to deal with teacher and student requests effectively.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Cantonese/Mandarin speaker together with good command of English both spoken and written.
- Excellent communication, organisational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to solve problems and use own initiative accordingly.
- Good knowledge of art materials and resources.
- Confident ICT skills including word processing, Email, spreadsheets, Google Drive. Familiarization with Adobe Creative Suite would be beneficial.
Applicants must be a permanent Hong Kong resident or possess a valid visa to work in Hong Kong.
Closing Date: 08 Feb 2019