It has been wonderful to have students back in school for a full week. In particular we are delighted that activities are up and running again and that so many students are taking advantage of these. As we approach the last two weeks of term, I would like to share with you some of what students have to look forward, and also a couple of pointers to keep in mind.
- Next week we look forward to the start of our 12 Days of Christmas run-up to the end of term. Festive activities have been organised for every day of the week so please do encourage your children to join in.
- Next Friday the Inter-House Athletics finals will take place. This is always a great community event and an opportunity for students to participate, whether on the track or field, or cheering on their Houses. If free, please do come and join us for the morning. More details below.
- At Shatin Wai, thanks to the initiative of Darren Fee, Lumiere Ng and Ryan Tan, in 12 Einstein, Four Square courts have now been marked up in the playground. The older boys will be organising a friendly lunchtime competition for Junior Phase students in the last week of term, so encourage your children to bring in a tennis ball and get practising!
Some timely reminders
With the expected onset of colder weather next week, please could you ensure that your child does have sufficient warm winter uniform. In addition to the uniform worn in warmer months, students may wear:
- The maroon v-necked sweatshirt
- The blue fleece
- Blue trousers
- Black tights (NOT leggings)
If the weather becomes extremely cold, students are advised to wear a plain white vest or T-shirt under the school shirt. The T-shirt should not be visible. Equally, if the sweatshirt and fleece (combined) do not provide sufficient warmth, they may wear an additional coat whilst travelling to and from school.
Being the best you can be
The last two weeks are often characterised by fatigue alongside growing excitement. Whilst it is definitely a time to recognise achievements and celebrate, students do need to remember that our expectations in line with the Island School Code remain firm. In our assemblies next week we will be reminding them of this and would be grateful for your reinforcement at home. We want to end the term on a positive note for all!