Island School is a secondary school with approximately 1,250 students.
Please note that Teachers who join Island School will be part of a transformational school redevelopment project. This includes an innovative curriculum, and a completely new purpose built school building. All Staff members will contribute to this development and support the maintenance of the Island School spirit during the transformation. For more information see here.
A full time teacher of Business, Economics & Humanities is required to join this thriving and dynamic faculty for the academic year 2017-18. A wide range of courses are offered within the very popular Business Department including I.B. Business and Management, I.B. Economics, Level 3 BTEC Business and Hospitality, IGCSE Business, & IGCSE Economics. A desire and ability to teach across the Humanities faculty is also required.
The faculty enjoys a very positive working environment and excellent examination results. The ethos is one of teamwork, mutual support, flexibility and continuous improvement.
The successful candidate should have:
• A degree in Business or Economics and a postgraduate teaching qualification.
• At least two years experience in teaching a wide range of the above subjects at all levels.
• The ability to adapt and adjust to new situations and work flexibly within a rapidly changing environment.
• The ability and desire to contribute to courses within the humanities faculty.
• The desire and ability to realise the potential of students of all abilities.
• A commitment to pastoral care within the school.
• A commitment to extra-curricular activities.
[Closing Date: 16 Feb 2017]
How to apply?
For enquiries, please email to: firstname.lastname@example.org