The Council is the group that represents all areas of our community. It oversees and guides the development of Island School, reviewing budgets, the curriculum and site development. The members of the Council are drawn from the following constituencies.
- The Council Chair appointed by the ESF Board.
- Two parents are elected directly by the parent body and one parent nominated by the PTA.
- Three Teachers and one Support Staff are elected by the staff.
- Three Community members are nominated by the Chair.
- The Head Boy and Head Girl.
- The Principal.
- A representative of the ESF Chief Executive Officer.
In addition the Business Manager attends Council meetings. A second Parent from the PTA attends when the member it nominates cannot. Other senior staff attend when needed.
The Council meets approximately six times a year. The agenda varies from monitoring ongoing issues and discussions of new projects that are brought forward by members. Major changes in the school need to be agreed by the Council.
The Council has various committees that also include other members of the community. These committees include:
- Buildings and Development,
- Curriculum, Exams and Higher Education
- Human Resources
- Risk Management and Critical Incident
Council Chair Report (20 Jan 2016)
Council Chair Report (11 Nov 2015)
Council Chair Report (16 Sep 2015)
Council Chair Report (10 Jun 2015)
Council Chair Report (29 Apr 2015)
Council Chair Report (4th Mar 2015)
Council Report (14 Jan 2015)
Council Report (29 Oct 2014)
Update On School Building Safety
Voting for New members of the Council takes place in December following which this list will be updated.