Dear parents and guardians
Our school council, chaired by Michael Lok, plays an integral part in the governance of Island School. Their main functions include:-
- working with the principal to establish the strategic direction for the school;
- approving curriculum for the school that aligns with the curriculum strategy approved by the ESF Board for the schools of the Foundation as a whole;
- approving the allocation of the school’s annual budget.
- participating in the recruitment process for senior appointments;
- monitoring the implementation of arrangements for staff reflection and development
- scrutinising the school’s performance.
The school council recently held a weekend retreat which focused on the strategic challenges of Island School and included an address from M/s Belinda Greer, CEO of ESF. Belinda shared a candid view of the future opportunities for both ESF and Island School which led to a rich discussion.