Dear parents and care givers
Next week the Island School campus will be largely deserted whilst our staff and teachers go out into the world for Quest Week.
There has been an amazing vibe of excitement this week as last minute preparations are completed and we all realise that the most anticipated week of the school year is finally here. Our school is heavily invested in the notion that learning beyond the classroom plays a pivotal role in an excellent international education.
The benefits of our quest week program include:-
- Personal development that comes from participating in challenging activities and needing to be highly independent.
- Sharpened collaboration skills by working with peers in non academic endeavors.
- Increased global and community awareness through engagement with a broad range of people.
- Enhanced sense of gratitude for the wonderful privileges that Island School students enjoy.
- Strengthened relationships between students and between students and staff as they interact in the world beyond the classroom.
I’m very much looking forward to attending Year 7 camp as well as a few Hong Kong based activities and to sharing student quest week perspectives with you in the weeks ahead.